Scholarships for art classes...
The Art Center will help pay for art classes for individuals and small groups on a case by case basis. Scholar awards generally come through the schools by request or recommendation. Motivated artistic individuals are welcome to apply as well.
After Board approval, our Outreach Coordinator Lindsay Hogue will pair requests with artists from the Art Center who can help make the requests happen. For example, a 10-year-old recently received an award of $100 in a local art competition/display to use towards four classes with one of our resident artists.
Steps of the application process...
- Fill out this application.
- Email or mail the center with any referrals as needed. See physical address at bottom of page.
- If you are a student, a statement of referral from a teacher or counselor is requested in addition to this application.
- Referrals can be submitted to: Lindsay Hogue via email OR mailed to The Art Center, Attn: Scholarship Committee, 1700A Industrial Road, San Carlos, CA 94070
- Your proposal will be considered by the Board of Directors during the next available meeting (2nd Tues of the month).
- You will be contacted with a decision or request for additional information.
If you have any additional questions or need assistance during the process...
- Please email our head of Outreach, Lindsay Hogue.
- If you are at the center in person, you may also ask for Tom Chapman in Suite #201.